Troop 888 Community Service Project for Alpine Rescue in honor and recognition of First Responders
7pm – 8:30pm at Alpine Rescue HQ
28802 Rainbow Hill Rd, Evergreen, CO 80439
MEET AT ALPINE RESCUE in Uniform promptly at 7pm and plan to be picked up by 8:30pm.
Bring a water bottle and work gloves.
9-11 taught all of America that first responders take many forms. In our community, Alpine Rescue may very well be your first responder when your moment of need occurs in our wilderness areas and even closer to home when the need arises.
To show support, Troop 888 will provide needed assistance at Alpine Rescue HQ this Tuesday.
Scoutmaster Conferences, Boards of Review and General Advancement PLUS PATROL TIME, 8/7/18:
If you need a Scoutmaster Conference, Board of Review or some general advancement sign-offs before the Court of Honor om August 21st…NOW IS THE TIME!
FINGERPRINTING MERIT BADGE:
From Mrs. Ferguson:
If you would like to receive your Fingerprinting Merit Badge at the next Court of Honor on 21 August, be sure to attend this week’s Troop meeting! The Fingerprinting Merit Badge Counselor will be there to provide completed blue cards to all who attended the FBI day in April. Then you will have time to turn in the completed card to the Troop Advancement Chair so you can receive your Fingerprinting MB patch at the next Court of Honor on 21 August.
- 8/14 Turquoise lake Camp Prep
- 8/17-8/19 Turquoise Lake
- 8/21 Court of Honor
- 8/28 PLC
- 9/4 Big Chili Prep
- 9/7 Big Chili Set Up
- 9/8 BIG CHILI!
- 9/11 Community Service Project
- 9/18 PLC
- 9/25 Camporee Camp Prep + Shooting Safety
- 9/28-9/30 Camporee Shooting Sports
PATROL LEADERS + MEMBERS: Troop 888 is YOUR Troop and is made up of YOUR patrols. We are starting a new active scouting season…Let’s do it the RIGHT way!
SHED AND GEAR CLEANUP!
This week ( JULY 3rd) , we will give the shed and gear a thorough clean out.
If you have the following around the house we may have some uses for them (unused items will be returned)
Misc. hooks and hardware for hanging things.
Sturdy plastic tubs for gear.
Large trash bags
IF YOU HAVE CHECKS FOR CAMP OR MED FORMS BRING THEM!
Join us for our annual troop kickball night at Wilmot Elementary at 7 p.m. .
Plans for June camp-out have changed. Due to circumstances beyond our control we will not have an overnight camp-out. Assistant Scoutmaster John Thomas has stepped up to fill the void with and AWESOME activity. We are going to offer Search and Rescue Merit Badge. Mr. Thomas is a member of Alpine Search and Rescue and an expert in the field. We are lucky to have his expertise.
Please read the following from Mr. Thomas carefully!
Scouts and Parents,
We will be offering the Search and Rescue Merit Badge in 2 sessions and a little bit of homework. Classroom work and activities will take place at the regular meeting on June 5th. A day long field session will take place on Saturday June 9 in the local area (details to follow). The homework needs to be done prior to the June 5th class. Here is a breakdown of the steps:
1. HOMEWORK (before June 5th)- One of the requirements is to complete the ICS (incident command system) 100 course.
“Complete the training for ICS-100, Introduction to Incident Command System. Print out the certificate of completion and show it to your counselor”
This is a free online classes given by FEMA. Follow the link below to take the course, print the certificate, and bring it to the classroom session. By doing this in advance it will help us be on the same page in advance, and expedite getting to activities! Use the links below
TAKE THIS COURSE
Interactive Web Based Course
2. CLASSROOM (June 5th)- Print and bring the attached worksheet this will be the boys record of completed activities. This night we will have some presentation time with activities.
3. FIELD SESSION (June 9th)- This will be an all day activity (approximately 9-5) and will include search scenarios, navigation practice, and rescue situations. In Order to run this as SAR operation under scout guidelines we will need lots of YPT trained parents and leaders involved. Depending on the number of scouts, we will break down into field teams to complete assignments. Each group will need to have at least 2 adults with them. Shortly a Sign-Up Genius invite will come out so that we can plan accordingly. Please sign up ASAP.
SCOUTS MUST ATTEND THE FIELD SESSION
If you have questions contact John Thomas- email@example.com
- BE AT THE CHURCH BY 3:30pm FRIDAY…WE LEAVE AT 4PM.
- BE SURE TO HAVE A BAG DINNER FOR FRIDAY NIGHT.
- WEATHER IS LOOKING BETTER FOR THE WEEKEND BUT BE PREPARED! IT IS CURRENTLY SNOWING AT TAHOSA AND THE GROUND MAY HAVE SNOW ON IT WHEN WE ARRIVE FRIDAY. REMEMBER WATERPROOF BOOTS AND EXTRA WOOL SOCKS.
- BRING YOUR SCOUT BOOK WITH YOUR NAME ON IT
- THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TRIP WITH THE NEW TENTS…YAY! WE WILL TAKE THE TIME TO CAREFULLY SET THEM UP SO YOU ALL CAN LEARN THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THIS.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE WILL BE A STRICT NO SHOES IN THE TENTS POLICY. PLEASE REMIND EACH OTHER SO THAT WE KEEP THIS GREAT NEW GEAR CLEAN AND IN GOOD SHAPE.
- NEW SCOUTS:
- WE WEAR CLASS A UNIFORM WITHOUT NECKERCHIEF WHEN WE DRIVE UP AND BACK.
- MAKE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK YOUR GEAR PER THE INSTRUCTIONS BY MR. T.
- REMEMBER TO WEAR WOOL OR SYNTHETICS. LAYERS ARE GOOD.
- DON’T FORGET MESS KIT AND WATER BOTTLE.
- NEW ADULTS:
- YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN TENT AND PERSONAL GEAR.
- YOU WILL BE EATING WITH YOUR SCOUT’S PATROLGET READY FOR A FUN WEEKEND!